Toasted Sesame Seed Chicken and Brocolli
Chicken with broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and green onions in a roasted sesame, Tamari (soy sauce) and Ginger sauce.
Servings: 12 People
- 6 lbs Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast cut into 1" x 1" pieces
- 6 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 6 tbsp Arrowroot Powder or sub with casava flour or corn starch
- 12 tbsp Tamari Sauce low-sodium organic (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 5 tbsp Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar - I usually add even less sugar and substiture with a little pure stevia to taste)
- 6 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 6 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 6 cm cubed fresh ginger root
- 6 cloves garlic
- 12 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 32 oz Frozen Broccoli
- 16 oz Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 6 Carrots
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
Cut chicken into 1in x 1in pieces.
Whisk together the eggs along with arrowroot powder.
Combine egg mix and chicken in a large mixing bowl and coat all of the chicken.
Press garlic and ginger through garlic press or dice finely
Combine all ingredients except the xanthan gum and 1/3 of the toasted sesame seeds for garnishing when finished.
Add xanthan gum last stirring it in slowly to ensure it doesn't clump.
Cook broccoli. (I like to buy 16oz frozen bags that steam themselves in the microwave. You can boil, steam, bake, etc.)
While the broccoli is cooking peel and slice your carrots to ~1/4" thick circles.
Add some toasted sesame oil to a pan and cook thee carrots and water chestnuts.
Back to the Chicken
Add some toasted sesame oil to the same pan and cook the chicken on medium heat. Be gentle with the chicken to keep the coating from coming off. Be sure to not add too much chicken to the pan at once. There should be gaps between the pieces. ( I like to use 2 pans at once to cook it quicker. 6 lbs is a lot of chicken).
Once done add all the chicken back to the pan and pour the sauce over it.
Bring it all back up to heat and make sure to coat all the chicken evenly.
Mixing and Garnish:
Chop the green onion for garnish.
Mix all of the chicken, broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts together along with the green onions and remaining toaster sesame seeds, while keeping enough green onion and sesame seeds to garnish the top.
- Cook with 2 pans to cut down how long it takes to cook.
- This recipe is for enough to last my family for ~ 1 week.